Title: Lead Data Scientist
Sector: Insurance / Banking / Risk
LOCATION: NEW YORK CITY (Midtown)
Compensation: $140K to $172K + Generous Bonus & Benefits
REPORTS TO: CVP, DATA SCIENCE
CLIENT/ROLE OVERVIEW: Our client, a major global financial services firm has created a centralized Data Science Division within the framework of a Fortune 100 company. You will have ownership over the data products you are building – AND an engineering and analytics support system.
You will be working with Sales/Marketing/Client-Services leadership – Delivering Predictive Analytics AND Machine Learning solutions.
- Apply your highly developed analytical skills to work on all aspects of the Company value chain, ranging from marketing predictions, risk models, and process triaging.
- Communicate Solution strategy & implementation to leadership.
- Work directly with Senior stakeholders – building tailor-made models that solve specific business problems.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources – build, test, refine, launch, iterate
- PhD or Masters in relevant discipline (Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, etc.).
- 3+ years of Data Science professional experience.
- Substantial programming experience with almost all of the following: SAS (STAT, macros, EM), R, Python. Exposure to GitHub, Distributed computing framework.
- Deep Experience building Machine Learning Models (Logistic Regression, SVM, Random Forests…)
- Experience with data visualization (e.g. R Shiny, Spotfire, Tableau)
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Familiarity with Geospatial Modeling or Talent Analytics a big plus
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- $140K to $172K + Full Benefits
TO APPLY/ DISCUSS FURTHER simply email me, -> email@example.com – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.
Starbridge Partners is a boutique staffing firm specializing in the strategic recruiting of elite talent in the fields of Data Science, Advanced Analytics, and High Performance Software Engineering. We operate this blog “Data Science Report“. View Current Open Jobs