Job Posting: VP of Advanced Analytics
Title: VP, Advanced Analytics
- Locations: New York City
- Sectors: Global Ad Agency
- Reports to: CEO
- Compensation: $180,000 – $250,000 Base Salary + Bonus
Our client is a 700+ person global full-service digital media agency. They offer everything from first-class creative and production, to paid media that actually drives results, to experiential events that’ll bring any vision to life. While they have a robust 20+ person analytics unit, company is committing capital and resources to take it to the next level in order to service clients in the best way possible, grow revenue, and maintain their competitive advantage.
The VP, Advanced Analytics will lead new media analytics, and the development and execution of analytic products across the organization. Responsibilities to include media model development and bid optimization operations, audience development and targeting operations, and media and audience analytics development – methodology, code development and practice management.
Person will have a strong knowledge of DMPs, DSPs and omni-channel marketing platforms in order to provide a holistic 360 degree of the customer to clients.
- Advanced Analytics, Measurement, and Campaign Guidance: From identifying analytics opportunities to presenting the insights that impact the bottom line and all steps in-between. The VP will be responsible for seeing the big picture and quickly identifying ways to use data and analytics to guide campaign strategy. Responsibilities include: test design, forward looking learning agendas, measurement framework, consumer insights, predictive analytics, and cross media and media mix modeling.
- Data Strategy: Finding the “story” or key insights in disparate datasets including; leads, consumer transactions, website engagement, search patterns, customer segmentations. This person will also play an integral role in defining a new
- Performance Attribution Modeling: Owning and advancing existing proprietary models that identify linkages between all conversions and all media drivers. Working closely with clients and account teams to assess the challenge, discuss the possible solutions, and execute a plan.
- Data Visualization and Advanced Reporting: Assist with moving away from Excel centric reporting by creating interactive, web-based reporting built with best-in-class data visualization software.
- Innovation: The VP will be encouraged to identify and pursue longer term projects that either improve the speed or quality of a current offering or add an entirely new offering to our portfolio.
- Ongoing, real-time optimization of live media to ensure client goals are met and/or exceeded.
- Masters/PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing Science, or similar discipline
- 10+ years in marketing analytics with a proven track record of directly supporting clients with analytical solutions. 2-3 years of experience with a performance media agency is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and client relationship skills with a proven history of building and maintaining client relationships.
- Experience building and leading a team of analysts.
- The ability to translate results into clear, concise presentations, written reports, and data visualizations
- Knowledge of all media types including: SEM, SEO, social paid, social earned / owned, display, video, linear TV & OTT TV.
- Strong knowledge of media trends including emerging channels and innovations. A tendency to stay tuned-in to the most recent developments through research and networking.
- Experience with: AB and multivariate test design, TV to web attribution modeling, web touchpoint and partial credit modeling, media mix modeling, matched market testing
- Resourceful and creative — must bring fresh insights and not be discouraged when all the data is not readily available
- Expert in Excel, proficient in a statistical software package (R, Python, SPSS)
- Highly skilled in accessing data from relational databases (SQL, Python)
- Experience with Direct Marketing media warehouse platforms is a plus
- You have extensive experience in media analytics (paid media, DSPs, DMPs)
- You have an advanced analytics background and can build models from scratch
- Experience with BI / data visualization software
Compensation: $180 – $250K Base Salary + Bonus (Based on Experience)
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> Ted@starbridgepartners.com – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.
Starbridge Partners is a boutique staffing firm specializing in the strategic recruiting of elite talent in the fields of Data Science, Advanced Analytics, and High Performance Software Engineering. We operate this blog “Data Science Report“. View Current Open Jobs