Job Posting: SVP / Chief Data Scientist
Chief/SVP of DATA SCIENCE (FILLED)
Focus: Programmatic Advertising / Entity Graphing
Sector: Digital Advertising and Marketing
Cash Compensation: $300K to $400K
Reports to: CTO / CoFounder
WHO: We are conducting a retained search for a Chief/SVP of Data Science. It’s a rare opportunity to lead and build out the data science unit at an entrepreneurial AdTech firm that is the clear market leader for what it does, is accelerating growth globally, and is wholly owned by a multi-billion dollar communications company.
Our Client, whom we’ve worked closely for over 4 years, was recently recognized by a major new publication as one of the top 15 most promising companies in America. Using data science, they’ve solved one of the biggest problems in digital advertising that’s produced gains of over 300% cost optimization running ad campaigns. They have multiple lines of revenue and the data science team is critical to developing new products and impacting the bottom-line. I look forward to describing the specific challenges to be solved by the data science team in an initial call.
WHAT: Priorities of the Role in Order of Importance:
- Strategic thinking as it pertains to running a data science group
- Mathematical/Statistical/large scale engineering brilliance
- Experience building profitable data products (Whiteboard to launch)
- Leadership / management experience
- Domain experience
- Clear market leader for what they do
- Opportunity participate in major global expansion
- Drive revenue generation and use the latest methods, programming languages, and open source frameworks to get the job done.
- Solve big problems with the support of the whole company.
- Develop strategy for Data Science Group
- Work with Product Development, Clients, and Engineers to improve the current data products and participate in developing new ones
- Build out the Data Science team further
- Lead the Data Science effort and be able to communicate the vision to upper management, customers, and investors.
- Impact the bottom-line of the business
- 5+ years as a Data Scientist
- 1+ years experience managing Data Scientists
- Experience in data product development
- Experience building and managing a team
- Excellent communication skills and passion for the business.
- Ability to be productive within a Linux based development environment with minimal Engineering support
- Experience solving problems on large distributed systems (Hadoop, MapReduce, Vertica, Netezza, etc.)
- Outstanding communications skills with the ability to quickly prototype solutions using standard statistical packages and present them to stakeholders
- Deep understanding of various machine learning techniques, with demonstrated ability to apply them appropriately to diverse problem sets and communicate results in layman’s terms relating to the business.
- PhD in Computer Science, Math or related disciplines or Masters with several years of applied Machine Learning experience
- Cash Compensation $300K to $400K + Generous Stock Options / Benefits
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> Ted@starbridgepartners.com – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.
Starbridge Partners is a boutique staffing firm specializing in the strategic recruiting of elite talent in the fields of Data Science, Advanced Analytics, and High Performance Software Engineering. We operate this blog “Data Science Report“. View Current Open Jobs