Job Posting: Senior Data Scientist
SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
Focus: Insurance / Retirement Investments / Service
LOCATION: BOSTON | REPORTS TO: Chief Data Scientist
KEY NOTES: Min Requirement: Relevant PhD + Relevant Papers / Internships [OR] Masters + 2 Year Data Science Exp. || Visa Sponsorship Permitted!
CLIENT/ROLE OVERVIEW: Our client an award winning, major global financial services company that has devoted incredible resources into creating an entrepreneur-style Data Science Division within the framework of a Fortune 500 company. This position will have a start-up feel with challenging problems utilizing decision analytics that will make a massive impact on the bottom line after the products are launched.
The Data Science Division is a highly respected resource that has proven to generate $10’s of millions in new revenue and cost savings. We are helping to add several Senior Data Scientists to the New York and Boston offices. A PhD is highly desired, but we are open to a wide range of candidates
BUSINESS PROBLEMS TO SOLVE USING DATA SCIENCE
Digital User Experience / Audience Targeting / Acquisition / Retention
Investments / Underwriting / Risk Analytics / Digital Marketing & Sales / Operations Optimization
DATA SCIENCE TECHNIQUES:
- Machine Learning / Deep Learning / Predictive Performance (Time Series)
- NLP / Text Analytics / Linear Statistical Modeling
- Experimental R&D | Data Visualization
- Work in a collaborative R&D environment to develop actionable solutions that impact the bottom-line of business lines.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
- Work with SME’s to do experiments and studies on the data and prototype solutions
- Present finding to leadership, build, test, refine, launch, iterate
- PhD in relevant discipline (Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, etc.).
- If non-relevant PhD, you must have 2 years of Data Science professional experience.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R or Matlab
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (Map/Reduce/Hadoop, Scala/Spark, Vertica, PySpark/AWS)
$130K to $150K Base Salary and (25%-40%) Bonus + Excellent Benefits.
*Foreign Visa’s accepted.
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> Ted@starbridgepartners.com – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.
Starbridge Partners is a boutique staffing firm specializing in the strategic recruiting of elite talent in the fields of Data Science, Advanced Analytics, and High Performance Software Engineering. We operate this blog “Data Science Report“. View Current Open Jobs