Job Posting: Lead Data Scientist
LEAD DATA SCIENTIST
Focus: Client Services Optimization | Asset Management
LOCATION: New York | REPORTS TO: SVP
Note: Some flexibility on title and comp for right person. | Visa Sponsorship accepted, except OPT.
CLIENT/ROLE OVERVIEW: Our client a well-know, global asset management firm. With a CEO who is a big believer in data-driven decision making, the organization is focused on taking advantage of data science practices to drive better business results.
This particular role is within the Global Client Services Unit. There are large, complex datasets to be analyzed and modeled, and potential real-time applications to be built to help capture insights, find patterns, provide alerts, predict trends, and better react to opportunities across the global client base. They want to hire someone who can see the “big picture” of end-to-end communication data pipeline between the clients and the company, communicate their new ideas well, and prioritize/execute on high impact improvements with the help of others on the team. There will be plenty of resources made available to help get the job done.
- Work in a collaborative R&D environment to develop actionable solutions that impact the bottom-line of business lines.
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources in their data lake + localized Hadoop cluster
- Work with SME’s, Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and Operations resources to get the job done.
- PhD/Masters in relevant discipline (Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, etc.).
- Ideally, someone familiar with the domain of global asset management and the related challenges
- 4+ years experienced in doing data science in the private sector after earning their advanced degree.
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R o
- Experience working with large data sets, experience working with distributed, parallel computing tools (Map/Reduce/Hadoop, Scala/Spark, PySpark, SparkR, etc.)
To $200K – $300K Compensation + Excellent Benefits.
*Visa Sponsorship accepted, except OPT
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> Ted@starbridgepartners.com – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.
Starbridge Partners is a boutique staffing firm specializing in the strategic recruiting of elite talent in the fields of Data Science, Advanced Analytics, and High Performance Software Engineering. See all our client openings.