SENIOR DATA ENGINEER
Focus: Partner with Data Scientists to optimize the processing of billions of transactions per day.
LOCATION: NEW YORK CITY
REPORTS TO: SVP OF DATA SCIENCE
CLIENT / JOB OVERVIEW: Based in New York City, my client is one of the fastest growing global players in the digital advertising ecosystem. Very well funded, they are a leading provider of protection against fraudulent activity within online advertising. They need a Senior Data Engineer to work collaboratively on solving complex problems across a wide range of areas including; ad viewability, online fraud detection, and video and contextual classification.
- Design working systems using machine learning for large-scale data analysis
- Develop and deliver solutions for data scientists
- Architect and build data pipelines and data stores
- Work closely with data scientists to solve technical challenges
- Communicate findings to data scientists
- Streamline data science process by optimizing code and design architecture
- Define and implement best practices
- 3+ years experience
- Hadoop expertise (HBase, Hive, Impala, MR)
- Superb database understanding (Netezza, Vertica, RedShift, Greenplum)
- Excellent understanding of algorithims and scalability
- In-depth understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Expertise with version control systems – specifically Git
- Deep experience working in Unix/Linux environment
- Understanding of high performance key-value stores
- Very competitive Base Salary (BOE) + Bonus + Generous Stock Options / Benefits.
TO APPLY/ DISCUSS FURTHER simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> Ted@starbridgepartners.com – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.
Starbridge Partners is a boutique staffing firm specializing in the strategic recruiting of elite talent in the fields of Data Science, Advanced Analytics, and High Performance Software Engineering. We operate this blog “Data Science Report“. View Current Open Jobs