Job Opening: Director, Data Science
DIRECTOR, DATA SCIENCE
- Sector: Programmatic Advertising – Text Classification
- LOCATION: New York City (Midtown)
- COMPENSATION: $180K to $225K + Equity
- REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Data Science
WHAT: We are conducting a retained search for a Director, Data Science. This is a Management / Leadership position
JOB DESCRIPTION: Our Client is looking to hire a Director, Data Science, who will manage direct reports and lead cross-functional teams to solve text classification problems within the context of real-time programmatic advertising. You will participate in problems-solving from mostly a conceptual standpoint versus coding.
You will lead working with internal stakeholders such as Product Development, Marketing, and Client Services to determine features and functionality prioritization. As such, you will need experience with application/systems development and not just modeling. Issues the data stores and deploying models in production will need to be factored in early on.
In short, we need a skilled and experienced data scientist manager, who also possess the soft skills (personality) to communicate and get things done.
WHY THIS COMPANY: Our Client is a PROFITABLE, multi-award winning, pre-IPO company that has one of the largest data science teams in AdTech and will grow to over 400 employees by year end. Utilizing access to billions of low latency transactions daily, every product the company develops is data science driven.
- Clear market leader for what the company does
- Company is 100% data science driven
- Work along-side other “A” players on a well-resourced team developing and launching novel data science solutions that solve big problems
- Option to use the most cutting edge methods and approaches to problems
- Have a measurable impact on the company bottom-line
- Career move: Leadership/Management
RESPONSIBILITIES / TOOLS USED:
- Must have a Masters in a relevant technical field (machine learning, computer science, computational linguistics, physics, mathematics, statistics, etc.)
- 5+ years private sector experience working on text classification / data science problems
- Experience developing data science driven applications that are in production (to understand the issues).
- Familiarity with issues of developing models for real-time applications (not build them)
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-dimensional data from varying sources such as Hadoop or HIVE
- Creative problem solver; good communication skills; ability to focus and persuade team members.
- Maintain an open mind to methods and approaches to a problem
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Python & R + (Hadoop/Pig, Hive, etc.)
- $180K to $225K + Generous Stock Options / Full Benefits
TO APPLY/ DISCUSS FURTHER simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> Ted@starbridgepartners.com – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.
Starbridge Partners is a boutique staffing firm specializing in the strategic recruiting of elite talent in the fields of Data Science, Advanced Analytics, and High Performance Software Engineering. We operate this blog “Data Science Report“. View Current Open Jobs