- Sector: Programmatic Marketing and Advertising
- LOCATION: New York City (Midtown)
- COMPENSATION: $220K+ and Stock Options
- REPORTS TO: Chief Data Scientist
WHAT: We are conducting a an exclusive for a Senior or Director-Level Data Scientist. Opportunity to be a Player-Coach on a industry leading Data Science team. This is a fantastic career move. Looking for senior data scientists looking to climb the ladder in terms of responsibility (manage and lead). Experience in being involved in the building of “big data” applications that function well at massive scale and low latency is a requirement.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Our Client is looking to hire a Director, Data Science, who will manage direct reports and lead cross-functional teams to help advertisers/brand optimize consumer ad exposure against ROI. You will participate in problems-solving from mostly a conceptual standpoint versus coding in a collaborative environment.
You will lead working with internal stakeholders such as Product Development, Marketing, and Client Services to determine features and functionality prioritization. As such, you will need experience with application/systems development and not just modeling. Issues the data stores and deploying models in production will need to be factored in early on.
In short, we need a skilled and experienced data scientist, who also possess the soft skills (personality) to communicate and get things done.
WHY THIS COMPANY: Our Client is a PROFITABLE multi-award winning, pre-IPO company that has one of the largest data science teams in their industry and will grow to over 500 employees this year. Utilizing access to billions of low-latency transactions daily, every application/product the company develops is data science driven.
- Clear market leader for what the company does
- Company is 100% data science driven
- Work along-side other “A” players on a well-resourced team developing and launching novel data science solutions that solve big problems
- Option to use the most cutting edge methods and approaches to problems
- Have a measurable impact on the company bottom-line
- Career move: Leadership/Management
RESPONSIBILITIES / TOOLS USED:
- PH.D. + 4 years in a relevant technical field (machine learning, computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics, or related field.) OR Master’s Degree and 5+ years experience working in a related field
- Experience developing data science driven applications that are in production (to understand the issues).
- Familiarity with issues of developing models for real-time applications (not build them)
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-dimensional data and experience working with distributed computing tools a plus (MapReduce / HIVE / Spark etc.)
- Maintain a creative and open mind to methods and approaches to a problem
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis to non-technical people
- Fluency in at least one scripting language such as Python
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R or Matlab
- ~$220K+ Generous Stock Options / Full Benefits
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> Ted@starbridgepartners.com – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.
Starbridge Partners is a boutique staffing firm specializing in the strategic recruiting of elite talent in the fields of Data Science, Advanced Analytics, and High Performance Software Engineering. We operate this blog “Data Science Report“. View Current Open Jobs