Job Posting: Senior Data Scientist
SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST
- Locations: Austin & Seattle
- Focus: eCommerce, Publisher, Predictive Analytics
- Sectors: Digital Media / Big Data / Automotive Industry
WHO: Our Client is…
Billion-dollar global player in providing technology, digital media and data to the automotive industry.
WHAT: Priorities of the Role
Need to hire an experienced Data Scientists in Austin, TX and Seattle, WA offices to help expand the data analytics product offering to a global retail automotive client base.
Reports to VP of Development for Digital Marketing & Data Services
HOW: Responsibilities & Essentials:
In coordination with key business group such as Marketing, Product Engineering, and DevOps.
- Examine data from the turnkey set of retail automotive sales, financing, and maintenance solutions.
- Do you like the idea of working for a company that has a fantastic work/life balance and operates from a state of the art facilities
- If you are a Data Scientist who is passionate about technology, wants to work with the best business/technology leaders in the industry and are looking for an exciting career with a strong fortune 1000 company that is blazing the trail on the digital frontier, you may have found your home away from home.
- Research and guide decisions on technology choices for solving the problems on hand.
- Collaborate with a team full of fun, pragmatic, full stack software craftsmen who share your passion & zeal for building awesome technology solutions to interesting real world problems, all the while having fun doing it.
- Develop highly scalable, dynamic, and incredibly fast technology solutions that meet the needs of the business.
- Right balance of autonomy and support.
- Partake in and foster a culture of continuous learning using tools/opportunities like PluralSight, Hackathons, Meet Ups, Conferences and Lunch N Learns.
- Contribute to open source projects and give back to the community.
- 2 years+ experience as a data scientist with languages/libraries that are commonly used in data science, (R or the SciPy stack).
- General data structures and algorithms knowledge.
- Knowledge of significance testing. Time series analysis and experience designing online experiments are pluses.
- Experience applying modern approaches to supervised and unsupervised learning to a variety of problems. You can quickly learn new techniques as they are disseminated.
- Excellent communication skills. You’ll spend a lot of time having conversations with people at all levels of the business to develop ideas for solving very complicated problems.
- An Masters involving quantitative work. Exceptions will be made for highly experienced candidates.
Nice to haves:
- A record of quality ML publications, presentations, or open source projects
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Java/Spring experience
- Experience in application design and implementation using agile practices and TDD
- Experience in cluster computing with Hadoop or Spark.
- Highly competitive compensation package including and full benefits. Relocation assistance possible.
TO APPLY/BE CONSIDERED: Simply email me, Ted O’Brien -> Ted@starbridgepartners.com – your resume or LinkedIn Profile URL if you don’t have one. All inquiries will be confidential of course. This position will be filled in an expedient manner.
Starbridge Partners is a boutique staffing firm specializing in the strategic recruiting of elite talent in the fields of Data Science, Advanced Analytics, and High Performance Software Engineering. We operate this blog “Data Science Report“. View Current Open Jobs