Intro: This is very interesting topic to many of the readers at Data Science Report. Please note that to get the most of out of it you need to head over to www.businessinsider.com. They are offering a full in-depth report from BI Intelligence on the RTB (Real-time bidding) battle for supremacy. If you like the overview click over for more. For those who don’t know what RTB is, then proceed to the bottom and watch the slideshare presentation. – Ted O’
Real-time bidding is a kind of automated or programmatic buying of advertising placements.
It is to digital advertising what high-frequency trading is to Wall Street. It involves computerized, algorithm-driven trading that allows for quick buying of ad impressions according to pre-set parameters.
On the desktop, programmatic or automated buying of display ads has already made huge inroads. Its advocates say that it has led to a more transparent and efficient digital ad market. But it is in mobile where programmatic buying may make the most difference. That’s because smartphones are advertising platforms that we carry in our pockets, and with RTB that means marketers can reach us in real-time, and target potential customers according to location and context.
In a recent report from BI Intelligence on real time bidding (RTB), we analyze how it may help solve the mobile advertising CPM problem, detail its recent impact and successes on ad buyers and sellers, examine the potential obstacles to its widespread adoption, and look at how the holy grail of mobile advertising — controls and efficiencies — may be reached through its use.
Subscribers also receive full access to our library of over 100 in-depth reports and hundreds of charts and datasets you can put to use.
Here’s an overview of why RTB or real-time bidding could make the difference in mobile, digital advertising’s new frontier:
- It could help solve the CPM problem
- Leveraging location data via real-time bidding (RTB)
- Helping to reach the holy grail of mobile advertising — controls and efficiencies
- Some publishers already achieve higher CPMs with RTB than they do with traditional ad networks
In full, the report:
- Explains what programmatic buying and real-time bidding (RTB) are, and how they work
- Analyzes how RTB and programmatic may help solve the mobile advertising CPM problem in the long-term, but is a minefield for stakeholders in the short and medium-term
- Details its recent impact and successes
- Examines the potential obstacles to its widespread adoption
- Looks at how the holy grail of mobile advertising — controls and efficiencies — may be reached through its use
AND..For those who simply wish to understand what Real-Time Bidding for Advertising is, then check out this slideshare